BTC was established in the spiritually, socially and economically most deprived region of Sri Lanka, in order to equip leaders who would diligently study, faithfully expound and relevantly apply the Word of God
The college’s Mission Statement visualizes training in terms of a life long development of:
- A deep personal trust in, and obedience to, the Triune God – Father, Son and Holy Spirit
- A personal relationship with the Father through the substitutionary atonement of the Son, and the inner working of the Spirit.
- An understanding of the Bible as the inspired and inerrant Word of God, and the supreme, sufficient and final authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- Holiness of living by developing and sharing a pattern of sacrificial service and servanthood, following the way of Christ.
- Biblical preaching, teaching and evangelism and the development of biblical spirituality.
- The widest possible patterns of biblical ministry, to the church and the world.
- The highest standards of biblical teaching, scholarship and practical vocational training, all for developing effective Christian ministry.
- Peacemaking through biblical resources.